Monday, August 19, 2013

Wah How to use "Tell + How / Where / When / What + To + Verb"

If you want to ask someone what you would like to know in short, you can use...

how to_what to_when to_where_to - wah_wasabi_learn_English

Please tell me how to spell your name. (How do I spell your name?)
Could you tell me how to get to Wah Wasabi Street? (How do I get to Wah Wasabi Street?)

You don't always have to use them with tell:


I didn't know where to get the bus. (I don't know where I can get the bus.)
I want to take a trip this summer, but I don't know where to go.

Would you tell me when to check out of the hotel?
Tell me when to start?   

I don't know what to do now. (I don't know what I should do now.)

I don't know which one to buy.
For all his experience, he had no idea what to do with it.
I am in doubt what to do with him.

"Tell me what to do about you

I already know I can see in your eyes
When you're selling the truth
'Cause it's been a long time coming
So where you running to?
Tell me what to do about you..." from What To Do - DEMI LOVATO

No comments:

Post a Comment