Monday, August 5, 2013

Wah How to use "Look forward to"

Look forward to is used to express pleasure we feel now when thinking about a future event that is certain to happen.
We use look forward to + gerund or noun, for examples:

     I'm looking forward to going out with you tomorrow.
    (I am expecting to go with you tomorrow)
     We're looking forward to having you do this job next week.
    (I am expecting to have you do this job next week.)
     She is looking forward to the English class tomorrow.

"I'm looking forward to go out with you tomorrow." is incorrect.

We don't use look forward to with the event that is not certain to happen.

I'm looking forward to winning this gamble.  is incorrect.

In the end of the letter we can also use look forward to.
I look forward to seeing you next week.
I'm looking forward to seeing you next week.

"Well it’s a pretty good day.  I'm looking forward tomorrow..." from Luce - Good Day


No comments:

Post a Comment