Sunday, August 11, 2013

Wah How to use "Must/Might/May/Can't be"

When you are sure something is true, you can say "must be"
        He is speaking Japanese, He must be Japanese. (I am sure he is Japanese.)
        She must be a police officer.(I think she is a police officer.)
        This must be the way to the park. (I am certain this is the way to the park.)

If you are quite sure something may be true, you can say "may/might be".
        He is so late at the meeting, the traffic might be bad.
        John is not at the office now, he may be taking the day off.
        I am not sure but she might be older than me.

And If you want to say something you think it is unlikely, you can say "can't be".
        He is very old, he can't be the student.
        Sarah is at the hospital, she can't be working today.
        This restaurant is very delicious, it can't be going out of business.

Kenny Chesney - Must Be Something I Missed
"There must be something I missed

I wake up in the morning just making a fist
I don't call it living, I just exist
There must be something I missed..."

No comments:

Post a Comment