Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Wah How to use "Want"

If you would like to have, keep, or do something, you can use "want" 

Affirmative           
       I want to go. I want go. is incorrect.
       He wants to go.
       They want Steve as a chairman. (They want Steve to be a chairman.)

Negative

       I don't want to go.
       He doesn't want to go.
       They don't want me to resign the job. 

Interrogative

       Do you want to go to the preppy colleges?
       Does he want to go to the preppy colleges?

Note: 1. An abbreviation of "want to" is "wanna". 
             I wanna be an engineer.(I want to be an engineer.)
          2. It can also mean "want a" 
             I wanna chocolate milkshake. (I want a chocolate milkshake.)

Rather than using want, we can also use feel like ,when talking about what we want to do at a particular moment. 
feel like - wah_wasabi_learn_English
    Do you feel like doing homework? (Do you want to do homework?)
    No, I feel like playing this new game online.

"I wanna be a billionaire so fucking bad
Buy all of the things I never had..." from Billionaire - Travie McCoy ft. Bruno Mars


There is another use of want, click here :
Wah How to use "Need / Want + Gerund (ing)

No comments:

Post a Comment