Friday, September 27, 2013

Wah How to use present perfect tense.

1. We use the present perfect tense for actions that started in the past and continue in the present which have not finished yet. 
    I have lived in Bangalore since 2001. 
    (I started living Bangalore since 2001 and I am still here.)
    I have worked here for 10 years. (I started 10 years ago and I am still here.) 
    John is a musician. He has already made a lot of beautiful songs.
    I've already fixed it. Don't worry. 
    She has never fallen in love. 

2. We use the present perfect tense to talk about actions that just finished in recently. Usually use with just or recently.
    Japanese chefs have recently found a new way to cook wasabi. 
    My aunt has recently got back from Manila.
    I've just had lunch. I cannot eat anymore.
    She has just bought a new car. 

3. We use the present perfect tense to talk about our experiences that we have until the present without saying when these things happened.
    I have been married three times.
    They have never worked with me before. 
    We haven't met your wife (yet).
    Have you ever been to Malaysia (yet)?
    She is the most beautiful women I've ever met.

Never usually use in the negatives. It means not until now. 
Ever usually use in the questions. It means so far, until now.
Yet can be used to emphasize the questions and negatives. It means up until the present or an unspecified or implied time; by now or then.

As we said, we use present perfect without saying when these things happened.
    I have been to Japan last week. or I went to Japan last week.
    Mako has just bought a new laptop yesterday. or Mako bought a new laptop yesterday.

Been V.S. Gone.
The difference between been and gone.
    I've been to Kyoto. (You have gone to a place and returned.)
    I've gone to Kyoto. (You have not returned and be still staying in Kyoto.)

"I promise you kid that I'll give so much more than I get.
I just haven't met you yet..."  from Haven't Met You Yet - MICHAEL BUBLE

No comments:

Post a Comment