Thursday, November 21, 2013

Wah How to use Present Perfect Continuous.

We use Present Perfect Continuous when we want to emphasize long actions or events that happened in the past and has continued up until now or that continue into the future


Have/Has + Been + Gerund

  • I've been waiting for you for an hour and you still haven't arrived.
  • He hasn't been living in Japan very long.
  • How long have they been painting this house?
  • I have been learning English since I was 10 years old.
  • She has been working all day, and now she is extremely exhausted.
  • Have you been sleeping well recently?
  • He has been trying to finish his homework.
  • The mechanic has been fixing that car for 6 hours.
  • I have a cold and I haven't been working for a week.

A: Why are your eyes red?
B: I have been crying all night.

A: Have you lost weight?
B: Yes, I have been dieting.

StayingInMaldives-WahWasabiLearningEnglishGrammar
They have been staying in Maldives for two months.

No comments:

Post a Comment