Wednesday, December 4, 2013

Wah How to use "Would you mind"

1. We use Would you mind + Gerund to ask politely someone to do something for you.

Would you mind doing something?
not Would you mind to do something?

  • Would you mind opening the window? (Could you open window for me?)
  • Would you mind giving me more information?
  • Would you mind helping me?
  • Would you mind not smoking here?
  • Would you mind not talking here?
  • Would you mind not making so much noise?

2. We use Would you mind + If to ask politely for the permission.

Would you mind if I opened the window? (Could I open the window?) 
or
Would you mind if I open the window?

Note: They have the same meaning but opened makes the request a little more polite.


  • Would you mind if I brought a friend to the party tonight?
  • Would you mind if I borrowed your car?
  • Would you mind if I smoked here?

WouldYouMind_Scarlett-WahWasabiLeaningEnglishGrammar
Would you mind not making me fall in love with you?

No comments:

Post a Comment