Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Wah How to use "Supposed to".

We can use supposed to to indicate obligation.
We usually use this form in an unfulfilled or angry way.


Be + Supposed to + Verb

It is similar to should and ought to.

  • You are supposed to be at work. (You should be at work.) 
  • You are not supposed to smoke here. (You should not smoke here.)
  • I am not supposed to be here. Please don't tell anyone.
  • You are supposed to introduce yourself.
  • Are you supposed to know that? 
  • What am I supposed to do?

We can use supposed to to indicate obligation in the past.

  • I was supposed to go to work yesterday. (But I didn't.)
  • How was I supposed to know that? (No one told me about that.) 
  • You were supposed to clean your room.
  • He was not supposed to tell you.
  • Sally was supposed to meet her friend last night.

Supposed to Study-WahWasabiLearningEnglishGrammar
They are supposed to study hard for the exam tomorrow.

1 comment:

  1. This website reminds me English grammars, so nice!!

    ReplyDelete