Monday, September 2, 2013

Wah How to use "Keep on" Doing Something

To continue to do something or to repeat an action.
When you want to complain about something annoying that often happens. You can use...

Keep on - Wah_Wasabi_Learning_English_Grammar

    He keeps on asking me stupid questions.
    (He often asks me stupid questions.)

    You keep on making the same mistake.

    (You often make the same mistake.)

    I keep on forgetting his name.

    (I forget his name too often.)

    You keep on talking when I'm trying to think.

    (You always talk when I'm trying to think.)

    She keep on telling me to stop smoking.

And you can use keep instead of using keep on.
    He keeps asking me stupid questions.
    I keep forgetting his name.


But you can also use keep on to instruct or cheer someone up.
    Just keep on walking.
    Keep fighting. Don't give up.
    If you want to make your dreams come true, keep on trying.
    If you keep on drinking like that, you'll get sick.

No comments:

Post a Comment