Monday, November 4, 2013

Wah How to use adverbs of frequency.

We use some adverbs to describe how frequently we do an activity.
These are called adverbs of frequency :

100% = always
75%   = often/frequently
50%   = sometimes
25%   = occasionally
5%     = hardly ever, rarely
0%     = never

  • The actress always wears expensive jewels.
  • The teacher has always been easy to consult with.
  • I often go to the gym in the evening.
  • They frequently go to the cinema together.
  • I sometimes eat vegetables and fruits.
  • He sometimes reads the newspaper.
  • I occasionally drink alcohol.
  • We occasionally have a dinner together.
  • He hardly (ever) visit me.
  • It hardly (ever) rains in this area.
  • Our meeting rarely starts on time.
  • I never climb the mountain.
  • You will never walk alone :)

Note: We can use hardly to indicate a minimal level of ability of an action.
    I hardly hear you, what was that?
    You have changed so much that I can hardly recognize you.
    I hardly know how to do it.

Where can we put these adverbs in a sentence?

1. Before a main verb.
    I occasionally drink alcohol.
    I often go to the gym in the evening.

2. After the verb to be or auxiliary verb.
    John is never late for a date.
    His clothes are always out of style.
    You will always be welcome whenever you come.
    Remember I will always be at your back.
    He is a man who can always be trusted.

"We are never ever ever getting back together
We are never ever ever getting back together
You go talk to your friends, talk to my friends, talk to me
But we are never ever ever ever getting back together" -  TAYLOR SWIFT

No comments:

Post a Comment