Friday, November 1, 2013

Wah How to use "Imagine".

We learn about the usage of second conditional at this article: 
Wah How to use second conditional.

We can also use Imagine rather than a conditional form.

    Imagine you are taking your trip in Tokyo.
    = How would it be if you were taking your trip in Tokyo.

Notice this form, we will use the be in the present.
But in the conditional form, we will use the be in the past.

    Imagine I am a millionaire. How would you treat to me?
    = How would it be if I were a millionaire?

    Imagine you are a bird. Where would you fly to?
    = How would it be if I were a bird? Where would you fly to?

    Imagine I have never seen a television before?
    = How would it be if I had never seen a television before?

    Imagine he cannot swim.
    = How would it be if he couldn't swim?

    Imagine she is broke.
    = How would it be if she were broke?

Note: be broke, get broke, go broke means to have no money, bankrupt, short of money, lacking funds, to no longer have any money and be unable to pay what you owe.

Imagine-WahWasabiLearningEnglishGrammar
Imagine I resign from this job. What would the boss say to me?

No comments:

Post a Comment