Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Wah How to use Get Someone To Do Something.

We use Get Someone To Do Something to arrange / ask / convince someone do the something for you.
We usually use this form in spoken English.

Get + Person + To + Verb

  • You have to get him to help you. (You have to ask him to help you.)
  • I tried to get Rosa to learn to drive. (Rosa agrees with me to learn to drive.)
  • I will get James to repair this watch.
  • Shall I get him to call you?
  • I will get them to come here the day after tomorrow.
  • I don't want to clean my room, I will get Andy to do it instead. 
  • John was busy all day, he got his assistant to check an email for him.
  • Annie got her son to take the medication although it tasted terrible.
  • How can I get my children to read more?

Look at these sentences

  • She will get him to repair this watch. (She is not in a position to simply tell the person what he must do. But he agrees to do it on his own terms.)
  • She will make him repair this watch.  (She forces him who doesn't not want to repair this watch. Maybe she has an authority.)

Get Mechanic To Repair - WahWasabiLearningEnglishGrammar
Sara gets the mechanic to repair her car.

No comments:

Post a Comment