Friday, October 11, 2013

Wah How to use Thought + Could / Would for suggestions.

There are many different ways to make suggestions.   
    Wah How to use "Ought to"
    Wah How to use "Should"
    Wah How to use "Had better"
    Wah How to use "What about...?"


We can also use Thought + Could / Would to make suggestions.
    I thought we could go out together on this Saturday. 
    ( = Why don't we go out together on this Saturday.)
    I thought we would have a 5-minute break. 
    ( = Let's have a break.)
    I thought we could take a vacation in Tokyo next month. 
    ( = Let's go to Tokyo for our vacation next month.)
    I thought we would go by train instead. 
    ( = Shall we go by train instead?)
    I thought we could go to the movies after this meeting.
    I thought you would help me for this job.
    I thought we could have the table over there.

Thought_we_could-WahWasabiLearningEnglishGrammar
I thought we could go to the dinner tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment